lidbeckbrent

lidbeckbrent

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Carved Pumpkins: Several Of My Favorites!

With Halloween approaching, 'tis the season for carving!

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite carving projects. 
After all, there is nothing more appealing during 
Halloween than a glowing pumpkin!


A bird with leaves seemed like a twist on the scary Jack-O-Lanterns that  
I've carved over the years.  It fit perfectly within the nature inspired story 
I created for the 2013 Fall issue of 'Country Gardens' magazine.

Photo: Andre Baranowski


For the 2009 'Good Housekeeping' issue, I created a cast of amusing 
characters by adding props to enhance their personality.

Photo: Michael Partenio

Trees painted with black gloss enamel craft paint will hold up 
to rain and cold.  To make the little stars around the painted back 
trees, I used a screw-driver pushed into the pumpkins.

Photo: Michael Partenio



Create these little 7" to 8" sugar pumpkin Jack-O-Lanterns:
After carving designs into the pumpkins, I created the above 
Chinese style lanterns to sit on a mantle by using black 
poster board as a base and faux handle.

Photo: Michael Partenio


This pumpkin-bonfire was a bit hit in the 'Better Homes and Gardens
pumpkin party feature described in my previous blog.


BOOoO! An elegant Jack-O-Lantern created for 'Garden Design' magazine.

Photo: Andre Baranowski 


During Halloween, there is nothing more mystically heart-warming 
than glowing pumpkins.

 Happy Carving!

7 comments:

  1. Nice blog,, i'm very enjoyed to visit this site. have a nice day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. เราขอแนะนำ เว็บไซต์ สมัครแทงบอลออนไลน์ รวมทางเข้า928 หากท่านต้องการสมัครและสอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม แทงบอล พร้อมแทงหวย บาคาร่า และคาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete