lidbeckbrent

lidbeckbrent

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love Jelly Beans!- Easy DIY Napkin Ring .


Easter Candy was my inspiration for creating this DIY project as part of an Easter feature I produced for Good Housekeeping magazine March 2009.

Your friends, your guests and you will love these homemade napkin rings. So easy and fun to make!


The candied coil!

Wash your hands well before, or use plastic gloves when making these.

Using bendable aluminum wire. ( Found at craft stores and florists)

Cut wire to desired length.

Push the wire through a Jelly Bean. Repeat until your wire has been filled leaving a small bit at each end to coil.

Wrap your Jelly Bean napkin ring around each napkin.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karin!

    I found your blog through Country Gardens Facebook update and I'm glad I did! I can't wait to look around a bit more! I'm a blogger in the Pacific Northwest. I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog. becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin - These are adorable! Wish I was hosting Easter - the kids (and adults) would love these! I also LOVE the napkins. Ridgely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karin, Any Fun Ideas for July 4th????I'll be with my wife's family on Cape Cod most of the week and we need some fun ideas to keep all the kids occupied!

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the new photos on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ring size chart gauges and finger gauges as well as published charts do not always agree. Add to this that there are two conflicting methods of reading ring gauges so it is quite.

    ReplyDelete