lidbeckbrent

lidbeckbrent

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Celebrating October in Style with Do it Yourself Ideas



All of my friends say I have the coolest job, and I must say I  probably do. 

My life as a stylist has many wonderful faces that present me with a continual stream of challenges to design, create and make beautiful projects happen. 

It's fun looking for new approaches to things like making this this faux vase from gourds.  It's easy to make! 

Use a wood shish kabob spear and push it through all of the gourds to hold them vertically. The top squash was hollowed out and filled with wet oasis. This project I created for Better Homes and Gardens Country Gardens magazine.

Styled by Karin Lidbeck Brent for Country Gardens Magazine
Designed by Karin Lidbeck for Country Gardens magazine. Photo Andre Baronowski
I do find inspiration sometimes in the strangest places. 

My friend and fellow designer  Elizabeth Reilly and I created this canopy of drapped blueberry netting in tree branches resulting in a magical setting for an evening soiree.  Carving all those pumpkins in record time nearly killed us. We had two days to create this garden party for Garden Design magazine in Elizabeth's garden and the blueberry netting was a last minute inspiration that really worked.



The end result of hard work is always so rewarding!  Holiday product Designer Bruce Elsass and  I created a party in the woods for Country Living magazine.  It really was one of the best Halloween parties ever that continued after the shoot into the night. (By the way, that's me in the witches get-up)



It's  great to work with so many fantastic photographers who bring gorgeous light and vision  to every project.
 Literally, it's all about teamwork!

Styled by Karin Lidbeck Brent
Styled by Karin Lidbeck Brent for Better Homes and Gardens
 Photo by Michael Partenio

I've always loved throwing parties and creating DIY entertaining projects which are easy and quick.

Designing this table scape with bittersweet for Better Homes and Gardens was a really fun project for me to work on.
Karin Lidbeck Brent
Styled by Karin Lidbeck Brent. Photos by Michael Partenio

When it comes to my job and working with so many fantastic creative people,  I could hardly ever imagine doing anything else.

4 comments: