Produced and Styled by Karin Lidbeck-Brent
Photography by Kritsada
Country Gardens Magazine 2012 Summer Issue
It was a great day for me last spring when Editor, James Baggett of BHG Country Gardens magazine called me with this awesome assignment, " I want you to create 8 flower arrangements using the glorious David Austin cut roses". This is the kind of assignment I jump at,..... I happily accepted that job and immediatley got to work.
My to do list:
1. Design 7 - 8 bouquets that represent all 6 varieties of David Austin roses.
2. Order flowers -300 stems of 6 varieties of David Austin roses, gather other shrub roses and perennials to mix in.
3. Look for a location for photography: a sunny place with a pretty setting inside and out.
4. Decide on containers, props, and surfaces
5. Gather all materials for the photo shoot, prep all the flowers and head out to our location for photo shoot.
I had the great fortune to work with Kritsada, a Meredith photographer that flew out from Des Moines. We started at 6:30 a.m. to catch the early morning June light. WE took advantage of the noon high sun for a nice lunch and then worked thru the early evening light.
You can get the entire article with the how to's and all of the David Austin information in the summer issue of Better Homes and Gardens Country Gardens magazines, just out and available on the news stand.